At the moment, Masjid Daar us Sunnah is a rented, single community unit that accommodates approximately 100 people at any one time. With the curtains dividing the masjid for the sister’s prayer area, we are left with a restricted area for our lessons, prayers and gatherings.
The mosque is in the heart of Shepherds Bush, one of London’s busiest and most diverse areas, which is also home to one of Europe’s largest shopping malls. Since the establishment of the mosque in 2010 we have witnessed our community grow bigger and bigger, until we out grew ourselves.
We have hundreds of worshippers visiting the mosque every week; this blessing has forced us to use adjacent community buildings and the external alleyway to lodge our attendees. Some of the services and deeds Masjid Daar us Sunnah has achieved in just five years – by the permission of Allah, are;
- A weekly kids school teaching Quran, Arabic and the important Principles of Islam.
- A growing library containing over 500+ Islamic books, both in Arabic and English.
- Weekly Information table inviting both non-practicing Muslims and non-Muslims. We have printed and distributed over 50,000 anti-terrorism and anti-extremism pamphlets.
- Weekly lessons and lectures are organised with many of the scholars and students of knowledge.
- Brothers from Masjid Daar us Sunnah have been granted scholarships at the Islamic University of Madeenah and Imam Muhammed ibn Saud in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Publication of Islamic books and literature.
And much more – All praise is due to Allah.
Your donations will help us further our efforts and allow us to continue serving the community.